- 10 Peaks
- 1 Day
- Total ascent: 2519m / 8264ft
- Total distance: 27.5km / 17miles
- Total duration: 14 hour target
- In course food and drinks
- All outdoor equipment
- Transport throughout the challenge
- Qualified Mountaineering Instructors
- Photos included
Prices From: £170.00pp
Group Discounts Available
Call: 07764 182328
Fancy 10 Peaks in a day?
The Lake District 10 Peaks Challenge is a shortened version of the 2 day Lake District 24 Peaks Challenge and is based on day 1 of this 2 day event.
This is a tough challenge that will test your endurance and strength. It is set in the stunningly beautiful Lake District.
The challenge is to climb 10 peaks within 14 hours, during which you will encounter difficult terrain, steep ascents and descents along the way.
Your mental and physical strength will be tested to the max, and encouragement within the team is essential.
Why not challenge yourself and a team of colleagues with this exciting 10 Peaks event which provides an excellent platform for both team building and/or charity fundraising.
This event is a demanding challenge and it should not be underestimated. It requires a high level of fitness and thorough preparation, especially for those individuals without prior experience of high level mountain walks.
Gatesgarth farm to Stool End farm
10 Peaks / Up to 14 hours walking
- Leg 1:Gatesgarth Farm – Red Pike 4.5km
- Leg 2: Red Pike – High Stile 1.2km
- Leg 3: High Stile – High Crag 1.5km
- Leg 4: High Crag – Green Gable 6km
- Leg 5: Green Gable – Great Gable 0.8km
- Leg 6: Great Gable – Lingmell 4.2km
- Leg 7: Lingmell – Scafell Pike 1.5km
- Leg 8: Scafell Pike – Great End 1.8km
- Leg 9: Great End – Esk Pike 1.6km
- Leg 10: Esk Pike – Bow Fell 1.6km
- Leg 11: Bow Fell – Stool End Farm 3.5km
Target time: 14 hours
- All transport throughout the challenge
- All food and drinks during the challenge
- Photograph are taken throughout the event and sent afterwards
Fitness and Safety
We can provide help and guidance on the fitness side providing detailed information on fitness programmes and we also offer Preparation Training weekends in the Lake District and Snowdonia, which provide valuable experience for those contemplating mountain challenge events.
The fitter you are, the more you will enjoy your Challenge and you will never have a better excuse to start exercising!
We have training programmes designed for people who don’t usually train, ensuring you get a good level of fitness prior to the event. Success is achievable without previous experience!
We can organise this challenge as a private event or for small to large companies.