- 2 Days
- 24 Peaks
- 24 hours Walking
- Total ascent: 4263m / 13,986ft
- Total distance: 50.9km / 31.6 miles
- In course food and drinks
- All outdoor equipment
- Transport throughout the challenge
- Qualified Mountaineering Instructors
- Photos included
Prices From: £290.00pp
Group Discounts Available
Call: 07764 182328
A demanding challenge event!
This event is a very demanding challenge and it should not be underestimated. It requires a high level of fitness and thorough preparation training, especially for those individuals without prior experience of high level mountain walks.
The Lake District 24 Peaks Challenge is a two day challenge over a walking distance of 31.6 miles which will push your mental and physical strength to the limit.
This is a tough challenge that will test your endurance and strength. Set in the stunningly beautiful Lake District you will climb 24 peaks within 24 hours, encountering difficult terrain, lengthy ascents and steep descents along the way.
The 24 Peaks is designed to involve fairly strenuous exercise and for your own safety you must be aware of this and consider carefully whether your general level of fitness, or any particular illness or ailment prevents you from participation.
Day 1: Gatesgarth farm to Stool End farm (see Lake District 10 Peaks page For Details)
10 Peaks / Up to 14 Hours Walking
Day 2: Kirkstone Pass to Grovebeck Fold
14 Peaks / Up to 10 hours walking
- Leg 11: Kirkstone Pass – Red Screes 800m
- Leg 12: Red Screes – Dove Crag 3.3km
- Leg 13: Dove Crag – Hart Crag 1km
- Leg 14: Hart Crag – Fairfield 1.3km
- Leg 15: Fairfield – Seat Sandal 1.5km
- Leg 16: Seat Sandal- Dollywagon Pike 1.6km
- Leg 17: Dollywagon Pike – Nethermost Pike 1.3km
- Leg 18: Nethermost Pike – Helvellyn 1.1km
- Leg 19: Helvellyn – Lower Man 0.7km
- Leg 20: Lower Man – Whiteside 1.2km
- Leg 21: Whiteside – Raise 1km
- Leg 22: Raise – Stybarrow Dodd 1.8km
- Leg 23: Stybarrow Dodd – Watson Dodd 1.1km
- Leg 24: Watson Dodd – Great Dodd 1.3km
- Leg 25: Great Dodd – Grovebeck Fold 3.9km
Target time: 10 hours