Stag and Hen parties
- Mountain bike 20Km
- Mountain – 12km, 900m ascent
- Canyon ascent
- Total duration – 12 hours
- In course food and drinks
- All outdoor equipment
- Qualified Mountaineering Instructors
- Photos included
Prices From: £215.00pp
Group Discounts Available
Call: 07764 182328
A multi activity, exhilarating challenge…
…trail riding, mountain ridges and waterfalls!
The Coniston Challenge has been modified for 2016 and is an action packed, fun mix of forest tracks and trails, mountains and a river canyon. It will test your head for heights, endurance and courage.
This is new for 2016, with the aim of giving teams several, very different activities to be challenged with and is great for both team building and/or charity fundraising.
Set in Coniston, in the Southern Lake District, you will…
- Mountain bike for 20km along forest tracks and trails.
- Summit The Old Man of Coniston, three other peaks and traverse mountainous ridges.
- Explore a river canyon, climb up and jump down waterfalls, negotiating many obstacles along the way!
- Can you do it in under 12 hours!?
Starting in Coniston village, you will hit the forest tracks and trails of Grizedale Forest, learning some technical skills along the way. This helps give a fluid ride over some of the more technical sections. It is a circular ride, returning to Coniston.
Then the mountain section starts. Heading up to the summit of The Old Man of Coniston, you will then continue around the rim of the old volcano, to Dow Crag, Buck Pike and Brown Pike. Then you will descend down into the valley for the next section.
In the valley, your team will get into wetsuits and ascend a nearby canyon. Here, it is straight in, climbing water chutes, trust falls in to pools, ducking under obstacles, climbing waterfalls, traversing pools, all before the waterfall section! Then, there are 4 waterfalls to jump, if you dare! (Please note – you do not need to be a swimmer to do this)
What will be provided during the event?
- Food and drinks will be available at change over locations.
- You will be guided and supported at all times throughout this challenge.
- All guides hold a first aid qualification and carry a comprehensive first aid kit.
- Guides will take pictures of you during the challenge; you will receive all pictures taken.
- All safety equipment provided.
- Use of mountain waterproofs, and rucksacks if needed.
- Your spare clothing will be available for each change over.
- All guides and safety staff carry radios so that command and control can be maintained.