Stag & Hen Parties
- Canoe 12km / 7.5miles
- Climb 10km / 6.2miles
- Bike 35km / 22 miles
- Total ascent: 1250m / 4101ft
- Total distance 57km / 35.7miles
- Total duration: 12 hrs
- In course food and drinks
- All outdoor equipment
- Qualified Mountaineering Instructors
- Photos included
Prices From: £195.00pp
Group Discounts Available
Call: 07764 182328
The Ultimate Challenge Event…
…Have You Got What It Takes?
The Commando Challenge is a tough challenge that will test your endurance and strength and requires a high level of stamina to compete the course.
We designed this challenging event back in 2009 with the aim of testing endurance, stamina, fitness and cheerfulness under adversity! These are some of the qualities that all Royal Marine Commandos have to display at all times.
Why not challenge yourself and a team of colleagues with this exciting event which provides an excellent platform for both team building and/or charity fundraising.
Set in the stunningly beautiful Lake District you will…
- Canoe Ullswater – 12Km
- Climb Helvellyn via Striding Edge and descend to Thirlmere – 10Km
- Mountain bike around Thirlmere and over the Old Coach Road – 35Km
- Total duration – 12 hours
The Challenge is to canoe the full length of Lake Ullswater starting at Pooley Bridge and finishing at Glenridding.
From here, you will then start your mountain climb over Helvellyn via Striding Edge, this is probably the most famous mountain walk / scramble in the Lake District, to the summit (950m) which is the third highest mountain in England. Your descent route will take you down to Wythburn church.
From Wythburn car park you will change your walking boots to your trainers and jump on a mountain bike for the next leg. The biking leg will take you along the western shore of Thirlmere (Lake) you then climb up out of St John’s in the Vale until you reach the start of the Old Coach Road, the off road bike section. At the end of the this section you will rejoin tarmac and make your way back to Pooley Bridge.
Can you do it in under 12 hours??
What will be provided during the event?
- Food and drinks will be available at all change over locations.
- You will be guided and supported at all times throughout this challenge.
- All guides hold a first aid qualification and carry a comprehensive first aid kit.
- Guides will take pictures of you during the challenge, which will be sent to you after the event.
- All safety equipment provided.
- All necessary kit and equipment will be provided.
- Your spare clothing will be available at each change over.
- All guides and safety staff carry radios so that command and control can be maintained.