Stag & Hen Parties
- Extreme Via Ferrata
- Mountain – 13 km, 700m ascent
- Canyon Descent
- Total duration: 10 hours
- In course food and drinks
- All outdoor equipment
- Transport throughout the challenge
- Qualified Mountaineering Instructors
- Photos included
Prices From: £195.00pp
Group Discounts Available
Call: 07764 182328
A multi activity, epic challenge…
…exposure, cliffs, ridges and waterfalls!
The Borrowdale Challenge is an amazing mix of rock, mountain and river. It will test your head for heights, endurance and courage. The aim of giving teams several very different activities to be challenged with and is great for both team building and/or charity fundraising.
Set in Borrowdale, in the Northern Lake District, you will…
- Climb the Extreme Via Ferrata at Honister Slate mines
- Summit Dale Head and traverse mountainous ridges
- Descend a canyon, jumping down waterfalls and sliding down water chutes!
Starting from the Slate Mines, you will ascend the Extreme Via Ferrata, climbing ladders, traversing along cliff faces, crossing a huge Burma bridge and finally scrambling up a huge, free hanging cargo net!
Then the mountain section starts, returning to the pass, your team will scale Dale Head, 400m straight up to gain Littledale edge, a great mountain ridge. Once this ridge has been traversed, there are more ridges to follow descending into the Newlands valley.
In the valley, the team will get into wetsuits and ascend a path to the top of the canyon. Here, it is straight in, a chute puts you in, head under, into the first pool. Then, there are slides, dives, jumps and ducks until we all return to the valley floor. (Please note – you do not need to be a swimmer to do this)
What will be provided during the event?
- Food and drinks will be available at all change over locations.
- You will be guided and supported at all times throughout this challenge.
- Transport can be arranged to pick you from your accommodation in Keswick and take you to the challenge start and return to Keswick.
- All guides hold a first aid qualification and carry a comprehensive first aid kit.
- Guides will take pictures of you during the challenge; you will receive all pictures taken unedited.
- All safety equipment provided.
- Use of mountain waterproofs, and rucksacks if needed.
- Your spare clothing will be available at each change over.
- All guides and safety staff carry radios so that command and control can be maintained.